It has always been a dream of mine to have a greenhouse that I could use to grow my own produce during the winter. I love garden fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloupes and a variety of other produce and it made me sad when I had to quit gardening for the season. I decided that it was time for me to invest in having a greenhouse built in my backyard so that I could continue to grow throughout the entire year. Learn all about the selection of the glass and how it needs to be cared for right here on my blog.
When you are remodeling or updating your bathroom, consider having your current enclosure replaced with frameless glass shower doors. This has many aesthetic benefits for your space as well as some other advantages that you may not have thought of. Before you invest in fiberglass enclosures, think of how your bathroom shower would look with a frameless enclosure.
Five reasons to consider frameless glass shower enclosures are:
1. Less risk of slips and falls. A frameless enclosure has no lip around the shower floor, which can help prevent trips and potential injury in the bathroom. If you have anyone living in the home with mobility issues, the smoother transition to the shower can be far more convenient than with a traditional enclosure. It may be easier to wash small children and pets, too.
2. Easier to clean. Speaking of ease and convenience, shower enclosures that are made of glass are easy to clean. There are fewer gaps, crevices, and corners where dirt and grime can hide. This also reduces the amount of grout that you must deal with when it inevitably becomes discolored from water stains and time.
3. Cleaner air. If you can clean the enclosure more thoroughly, you are reducing the risk of mold and mildew growth in the bathroom, where is typically thrives. This could equate to better health for everyone living in the home who will not have to breathe in mold or mildew spores. Breathing in these things over time can result in respiratory issues.
4. More of a chic appearance. Let's face it; the look of glass in the bathroom is both chic and contemporary. There is something elegant and sophisticated about the look of glass in this area of the home, and it is quite a modern trend in home remodeling. Talk with your contractor about updating the rest of the room's fixtures to fit the stylish new appearance of your shower enclosure.
5. Seems bigger. The gleaming glass of your enclosure can actually make the bathroom seem bigger overall; the reflection of the glass can optimize the space that you do have and make it appear larger than it is. After all, who doesn't want a bigger bathroom in their home?
Talk with home improvement retailers and contractors about upgrading to frameless shower enclosures and glass doors for your bathroom. When shopping for fixtures, remember these five reasons that it pays to go frameless. Choose glass enclosures over other materials for quality, heft, and easy maintenance. For more information, contact local professionals like A-Plus Glass Services.